Jan 13, 2011

The smell of burnt hair in the morning is becoming normal whenever I use my current hair straightener to straighten my thick, coarse hair.  It takes a lot of heat to smooth out this mess!  Unfortunately, I am beginning to wonder just what kind of damage I am doing to my hair.

I like long hair so cutting it off, to cut away the damage, just isn't something I'm willing to do.  So, what do I do in order to maintain healthy-looking hair but still get the manageability and smoothness I want when what I was born with was frizzy, thick, coarse hair?  What kind of products should I be using?  What kind of styler should I be using?



Well, online I found this straightener by ghd.  Not only will it give me smooth, straight hair, I found out I can get curls from it too! On the ghd web site, there is a "Get the Look" link that will show you step-by-step video instructions and step-by-step written instructions on how to achieve five different looks such as: a pin-up style with soft curls, a back-teased look for the bold, soft movement with the hair down, flirty curls for running fingers through, and then a Hollywood glam look! 

My favorites:  I love the pin-up look.  I have never been able to pull my hair up with any sort of style to it and this video makes it look so easy.  I bet I can do that too!  My other two favorites are the back-teased look that has a bit of punk to it (makes the 1980's girl in me very happy) and the flirty curls that looks made for my husband to run his fingers through. 

So now I am on a mission.  I want a ghd styler!  In the videos, you can see the straightener making one pass-thru the hair to smooth it instead of multiple (burning the hair) pass thrus.  So much healthier for the hair!

I also need some of the ghd hair products.  I have made my shopping list below. 

Step 1:

I want the Replenish Shampoo and Conditioner for dry, coarse hair (I am the poster child of dry, coarse hair).  I want the Opulence Mask for a good, weekly treatment and the Remedy Cream for daily protection. 

Step 2 (heat styling protection): 

Definitely need the Thermal Protector for dry, coarse hair. 

Step 3 (style):

I need the Smoothing Balm for when I want to straighten it, the Sea Spray (with dead sea salt!) to hold curls when I want romantic, run your fingers through my hair curls, and the Obedience Cream as an anti-frizz (ha, I didn't even put "obey" in my marriage vows but I'll put it in my hair!). 

Step 4 (finish):

I want to try the Polishing Serum for the fly-away ends and the Shiny Serum for dry, frizzy hair to tame my thick mane.  Otherwise, it's just out of control and I can't stand the frizz!

Now, I need to drop some hints to the husband about how these would make fantastic gifts.  There has to be a holiday coming up soon, right?  I can always find a holiday.  Valentine's  Day sounds like a good holiday to me.  By the time Mother's Day rolls around, I'll need to make another order!  See, it works out perfectly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment