Oct 27, 2010

Arthritis in Husky

Our husky has arthritis really bad through her ankles, knees and up into her spine.  We're lucky she's still with us at this point; we didn't expect her to be honestly.  We give her supplements with glucosamine and creatine in it and it does wonders for her.  I think I need to increase her dose because with the cooler nights, she's getting a bit weak in the back end again.  I've seen creatine powder and creatine is supposed to increase energy to the muscle but I've only seen human creatine powder. I'll increase her dog supplements with the creatine in it and that should help. Hopefully it gets her through the cold winter!

As long as we can keep her as comfortable as possible, we won't need to worry about her not being with us anymore. Our vet said when she stops showing interest in us or doesn't want to get up to go to the bathroom outside anymore, it'll be time to let her go humanely. That'll be a real sad time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment