Oct 28, 2010

Teenage PMS


My 13-year-old daughter is going thru a heck of a time with cramps right now.  She's taking both Tylenol and Motrin just to make the pain manageable.  I remember being her age and having those cramps that badly.  I wish I could do more for her.  I know she wanted to stay home from school today but I can't let her get into that habit.  Having your period does mean the world stops for you and I don't want her to get into that habit or mindset.  I felt a bit like an ogre this morning sending her to school.

My pre-teen son is freaking out a bit.  He's wanting to know how long puberty lasts.  "Don't worry, you won't be getting those cramps.  You'll just start to squeak and announce to the world you're going to puberty every time you open your mouth."

He can just keep looking for ATV Accessories and not worry about what his sister is going through right now or what is yet to come for him. Just wait until his other two sisters join the puberty crew!  Wow will he be outnumbered by PMS'ing girls! Poor kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment