Mar 20, 2009

I bought a pedometer. During the "Power Up" lectures at the YMCA, they gave us a sheet that told us our activity levels according to how many steps we take per day. I figured for $5, it's worth it to see just how active (or lazy) I am.

We are also signing up for a family membership at the YMCA. It's on special right now for $28/month. The price of that alone, to take the kids swimming a few times per month for a family activity together, is worth it (plus now they can have swim lessons and all the other kid activities they have). Add to that their fitness center and gym, yippee! It's a pretty nice YMCA so I can't wait until we get all the paperwork filled out and submitted. In the interim, we have a free 30-day family membership there.

The day before yesterday, my husband and I went walking with our youngest. He ended up carrying her through more than half the walk. I wish he could've carried me towards the end. I was so tired. I had a charlie horse in my leg yesterday...must've been in shock from lack of exercise, lol.

Something to make me feel better after a local salon cut my hair wrong, I got out the scissors this morning and fixed my hair a little bit so I am happier with it now.

I must've been in the hair cutting mood after cutting off all my husband's hair the other day when I went to town on mine this morning. I think he got tired of me asking him when he was going to get a haircut so he asked me to cut his. My 12 year old daughter is blaming me for her dad cutting off his hair (it was getting longer than mine). When the kids went to school, and we had some free time together alone, it was like being with the man I'd met all those years ago. Woo Hoo! We burned up some calories, lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment