Sep 18, 2010

On Friday, all the kids were finally back in school.  It was the first day since August 28, 2010 that there wasn't a child home sick.  It's been neverending illnesses around here. Right now as I type, my middle daughter has a low-grade fever so I think she's going to be home sick next.

With my first day to myself, I did some cleaning, trying to rid the house of germs, cleaned the bathroom, had a riding lesson, and soaked in a tub without a child at the door wanting something.  So, a little "domestic" stuff and a little "me" time.  I started thinking about how to decorate for Halloween - it's just around the corner now and it is my favorite holiday!  Pretty soon, it'll be time to decorate for Christmas with white led christmas lights!! 2010 sure is going fast.

Hopefully, since my kids have been hit with illnesses so hard since school started, fall and winter will breeze by.  I need to wipe down the surfaces the kids touch more often (faucets, handles, etc.) and make sure they're washing up when they come home from school, carrying germs with them.  I hesitate to use anti-bacterial cleaning solutions because they're just breeding superbugs (did you hear about that?).  It's called New Delhi metallo-beta-lactamase, or NDM-1.  Last year it was the swine flu.  The year before, was it MRSA? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment