Nov 3, 2011



Two nights ago, my body warned me that my eating habits lately were pretty bad (with Halloween candy around, plus candy from my birthday and Sweetest Day, what else was going to happen but bad eating habits?).  I had a gallbladder attack - gallstones are such a bummer!  It's been over a year I think since my last attack.  I was not expecting this attack at all.  It's generally hash browns that bring them on but I've not had hash browns in forever.

My Recent Gallbladder Attack Symptoms:

I was sitting in bed reading and felt like I had heartburn.  I thought it was the pizza but I don't get heartburn unless I'm pregnant (which I'm not).  Then the pain and burning was on my right side, right up under my rib cage in front and up through shoulder blades in back, front and back, and I felt nauseous...oops, gallbladder attack! I drank a lot of water, did some stretches, gagged a little bit, and then it was over. Thankfully, it was a minor attack compared to previous ones. Usually I vomit for at least an hour - repeatedly and very hard and cry in a lot of pain while wondering if this stone blocking the way is too big to pass through.  This one didn't even make me cry.

Too bad gallbladder - I win this round!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment