Jan 25, 2009

Another Species Milk

Have you ever thought about the cows milk that we drink and how we are the only species that drinks another species' milk?

Kind of gross when you think of it that way.

I am up in the air about the necessity of drinking milk everyday. I know it hurts my stomach and the doctor says I am not supposed to be drinking it. I also know when I stopped drinking it for several days, I saw very noticeable improvement in my asthma. It makes me wonder.

Then there is the whole pasteurization thing. I did a post about the controversy over raw milk last year.

I wish there were some concrete answers as to whether once we go past the breastfeeding age, if it is healthy for us to continue to drink the milk of another species or if we should be getting the nutrients we get from milk from other sources.

Think about this: How many babies have been allergic to cow's milk as infants? Two that I know of personally within the family alone. Now, how many babies have you heard of that were allergic to their mother's milk? Perhaps we aren't supposed to drink cow's milk. ? I wonder.

~*~*
While I'm posting, my "once a day health booster" for today was sit-ups. Ouch. Those didn't feel very good. I guess that means I should be doing more of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment