Oct 19, 2009



Last year, my husband and I both came down with a stomach virus. Every time, my stomach started rumbling and feeling like it was going to revolt against me, I took a couple sips of my water bottle (that I had added a couple teaspoons of lemon juice too). It settled my stomach which stopped me from having to heave in the bathroom.

My husband, who wouldn't listen to me about drinking lemon juice in water, was in the bathroom many times over 24 hours to vomit. He'd head to the bathroom and I'd grab my water bottle for a sip. He looked like death and I just looked a little under the weather while I rested on the couch.

I used this same treatment again this morning. I've felt a little nauseous here and there over the last couple days but this morning, it was really bad after I ate breakfast. We had to leave Wal-Mart because I didn't want to vomit in the store. My stomach would not stop moving - definitely upset about something! As soon as we got home, I poured a little lemon juice in a 16 oz. water bottle and have been sipping on it. No more rumblies in my tumblies! I'm sitting here typing instead of laying on the couch miserable.

I'm not sure what it is about lemon juice but it does a great job of stopping the upset stomach/vomiting cycle that comes with a stomach bug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment