Feb 5, 2009


According to Dr. Mehmet Oz (Oprah's doctor guru) on Good Morning America this morning, there are several things you should be doing or watching for your health:


  • Blood Pressure: 115/75 being optimal.

  • Belly Fat: Dr. Oz says that belly fat is a barometer of how you handle stress in your life. I've read this before, how stress keeps cortisol levels high in your body which means more fat is deposited in your belly area.

  • Breathing: You need to do belly breathing to manage stress. If you're sitting in a stressful situation, take a few deep belly breaths and help decrease the feelings of stress.

  • No Smoking: No explanation needed there.

  • No White Foods: Eliminate white flour, white sugar, etc. Dr. Oz says that the food you eat should look like it did when it came out of the ground (which automatically eliminates all the processed crap we put into our bodies).

So what do I need to work on? All of them except blood pressure and smoking. My blood pressure is fantastic and I was never a huge smoker but did light up occasionally. That changed several years ago. I have not had a cigarette since my oldest nephew made me feel really bad about lighting up one time several years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment