Feb 15, 2009

Yes! Another pound gone! I seriously think it has to do with my thyroid. I ran out of my prescribed thyroid medication and my doctor was late in getting my renewal sent in. So, I was taking my old thyroid meds for a couple days (had them in the cabinet still) until my prescription was refilled which it was a few days ago. I don't know if it was the mixture of them (I've heard that many people use two different types of thyroid meds as it works the best in maintaining normal levels of thyroid hormone in their system), or what, but I've dropped three pounds this week.

I am not sure how my family doctor would feel about it. I don't think she has that much experience with it to tell you the truth, but I couldn't go several days without any thyroid hormone at all. I get sick when I've missed pills for a couple days.

I am definitely going to talk to her about adding a different type of thyroid pill to my current treatment. I've heard a drug called Cytomel (for T3) is used, along with the more standard thyroid treatment, for hypothyroid individuals with success. I am going to ask her about it. Wouldn't it be nice if after almost eight years, the right combination was found that actually made me feel like I wasn't in a brain fog most of the time and that reduced the size of the nodules/goiter in my neck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment